Thursday 5 November 2015

Fresh & Pretty this week . . .

Fresh & pretty it is this week!  Another 'Isabella' ~ this one by Erin Studios.  New to our shelves are seven pieces in limey greens, girly pinks and tealy blues.  All gorgeous and would also look great after a 'drink of tea'.
Isabella ~ $23.50 per metre

Isabella ~ $23.50 per metre
Our release of 'Celebrating Mary Brown' patterns is nearly complete with number nine this week.  Here we have the 'Star Flower' block ~ not too complicated but with plenty of scope to search through your stash for just the right fabric!  So that means next week is the final of our early released blocks but never fear, the quilt is very nearly finished so the complete pattern, including all of these early patterns, will be launched early in the new year.  You will hear about it first right here on our blog.
Celebrating Mary Brown ~ Star Flower ~ $9.50

What a lovely weekend I had!  It was so nice to be included in the Ballaarat Quilters biennial exhibition as a stall holder.  Lovely quilts, great company and a beautiful venue ~ thanks girls!
 
Ballaarat Quilters

This month as Thanksgiving draws near in America I'm reminiscing about my dear old grandmother, Nellie, so thought I'd share with you her peg bag from the 1930s.  She would think it hilarious to know it is framed hanging in pride of place in my sewing room!
Nellie's peg bag

And how lucky am I to return home the other night to find a old quilt hanging on a new hanger made by Kurt!  Very nice.
Pieces of the Past

From all of us at Threadbear & Sam, have a great weekend! 
How could anyone resist those eyes!

2 comments:

  1. Lovely quilt and very nice hanger! You are a lucky girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh! How did I miss this picture of Sammy??! I have to agree, his eyes are just so sweet! He would have me sooooo wrapped around his little paw :o))))

    ReplyDelete